- The Compliance Officer works within client’s Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Department (IARCD) which supports the Management to evaluate, develop and define the Internal Control and Risk Systems of the company and its subsidiaries within its Corporate Governance Framework, as well as serve as a first line Compliance resource.
- Within IARCD, the Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting the Compliance Manager in the coordinated development of overall departmental activities and knowledge which will include independent projects and interactions with the Company and the Management. Within this context, activities include:
- Evaluation of Internal Control and Risk Systems of the company;
- Development of methodologies to support evaluations of the Company’s Internal Control and Risk Systems;
- Development of Compliance Programs and corporate knowledge bases;
- Contribution to quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting concerning departmental planning and activities;
- Planning, execution and reporting of complex audits both in Almere as well as internationally, within the IARCD as well as independently;
- Contribution to further professional development of IARCD as well as effective and efficient Corporate Internal Control and Risk Systems;
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of positive working relationships with staff, management and direction of the Company;
- Ad hoc creation and support of management presentations relating to IARCD issues;
- Ad hoc support of operational activities to contribute to the Company’s Internal Control and Risk Systems where compatible with the role of IARCD;
- General support of the IARCD Department to ensure continuous availability of office resources and equipment.
- Academic level with preference to a degree in RO (Operational Audit), RA (Registered Accountant) or RE (registered EDP-auditor);
- Strong Team player also able to carry out independent tasks with competence and representativeness;
- Strong ethical and interpersonal skills and sense of responsibility;
- Experience in communicating high level issues with knowledgeable professionals;
- Ability to adapt easily to different cultures including the adoption of simple and understandable approach when explaining and discussing complex issues where needed;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to see the details without losing sight of the big picture;
- Professional with 6-10 years relevant work experience within a commercial organization, including (internal) audits;
- Fluency in English and Dutch, additional languages preferred;
- Willingness to travel.