WRITER / TRANSLATOR GERMAN
The Marketing Communications Writer/Translator will work in the expanding Europe translation team and report to the Marketing Communications Manager. The main task is the creation of localized content. The job involves translations of product catalogs, web pages, brochures, advertisements, tradeshow signage and other MarCom material from English into German. Besides the native language skills, excellent English skills and a good level of work experience with translation software tools ideally with Across Systems. Internal training on products and technologies will be provided. This is an in-house and full-time position.
- Taking the existing English collateral, the Marketing Communications Writer/Translator articulates the key message in the specified local language, requiring more of a re-write in the local language then a straight translation; Working with the in-house reviewers to correct texts; Creating and maintaining the company's translation memory program.
- Two to three years of experience in (technical) translations;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- Talent to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently;
- Good to excellent knowledge of translation software tools, preferably with Across Systems or SDL Trados Studio;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, both in English and the requested local language;
- Resourcefulness to create concepts in a variety of styles and tones depending on marketing project objectives;
- Aptitude to work within a multicultural team of translators, writers and coordinators;
- Capability to operate self-directed and proactively on given tasks;
- Attention to detail is a must.