SYSTEM DESIGN ENGINEER
The System Design Engineer (SDE) position is a senior engineering position within the Sales Department. The position is office based with incidental travel if needed. You will supports the Sales Department on the design and the technical validation of all large projects and projects for vertical market accounts.
- Pro-actively support sales managers and technical sales/ account managers with large designs, tenders and quotes.
- Advise application engineers on their designs.
- Report the status of all large designs, tenders and quotes to sales and technical management.
- Pro-actively evaluate the outcome of all projects.
- Inform product developments about required products or product improvements, needed for complying with tenders or enhance system designs.
- Evaluate report and pursue requested information on product specification.
- Evaluate competitive designs.
- Advise on the efficiency of the large project follow-up
- Perform all advisory tasks of an Applications Engineer on the highest level.
- Maintaining knowledge of our client’s product line.
- Maintaining certification in all product, test equipment, and technology areas.
- Daily report on the progress of all large designs, tenders and quotes through the system Report weekly in writing the status of projects that need attention from sales or technical management.
- The System Design Engineer reports immediately if immediate action is required to make sure the follow up on large designs, tenders and quotes is not jeopardized.
- Fluent command of the English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and friendly attitude to help solve problems within a team environment
- Professional appearance.
- BSEE from an accredited college, university or equivalent.